Dr. Engle, MD, of Colorado Mountain Medical and Vail Health discusses what to do and the options that are available for upcoming annual wellness appointments. Important takeaways she addresses are listed below:
- The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends that we continue to do wellness checks, especially for those 2 years and under.
- For kids 2+, if there are no vaccines needed and no acute issues then it’s okay to put those off.
- Vail Health and Colorado Mountain Medical have done a lot to keep well patients and COVID-19 patients separated.
- Look at taking advantage of Telemedicine services.
- When in doubt – call your physician!