Chris Lindley, epidemiologist at Vail Health, and Dr. Brooks Bock, CEO of Colorado Mountain Medical, break down the differences between a COVID-19 (PCR) test and an antibody test.
Key takeaways from the video:
- PCR testing has been used since March 4th.
- At this point we have more than enough capacity to test anyone who feels they need to be tested with results expected within 24-48 hours.
- As of this week we are testing a new reader that will allow for 45 minute turnaround on results.
- Antibody testing is not available yet in our community, but likely coming, but not sure when.
- This tests to see if you have the antibody in your blood BUT what is unknown is how long antibodies will stay in your system and if you’re susceptible to being infected again.