If there’s one thing we can count on in life, it’s change. Life’s constant changes can make it difficult to balance caring for your family and supporting the organizations you care about. Fortunately, there’s a solution.
Percentage Giving and Your Will
If you want to remember us in your will, there are two ways you can support our mission with a percentage gift:
- Gift us a percentage of your estate in your will or living trust.
- Leave our organization a percentage of your residual estate (the portion of your estate that remains after all claims of the estate are settled).
Give Us a Percentage of Other Assets
You can also remember us in your future plans by naming us a beneficiary of your retirement plan assets, life insurance or donor advised fund. Naming us as a beneficiary is as easy as filling out and returning a piece of paper.
- Request a copy of the change-of-beneficiary form from your provider (or download a copy from their website).
- Fill out the form, naming us, along with the percentage you’d like us to receive, on the form.
- Sign and return the form to your plan administrator, insurance company or sponsoring organization. Be sure to keep a copy for your records as well.
- Notify us of your gift so we can thank you for your support and welcome you to our legacy society.
Learn more about the variety of ways to give by clicking here.
Every Gift Matters
Gifts of all sizes, from 1 to 100 percent, make a difference for those we serve. Please contact us at phone or email if you have any questions about naming us a beneficiary in your plans.
The information in this publication is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results.