Everyone has something they are passionate about. You may be passionate about a place that holds an important spot in your heart, a cause that’s near and dear to you or a charitable organization that you frequently volunteer for.
But, did you know that you can ensure your support of your passions continue, like quality care close to home, even after your lifetime while also receiving tax benefits for yourself?
You can—with a planned gift.
Popular Planned Gifts
- Include a gift to Vail Health Foundation in your will or living trust.
- Your benefits: Retain control of your assets and have the flexibility to change your mind at any time.
- Name us the beneficiary of your retirement account.
- Your benefits: These assets pass to us tax-free, allowing us to use the entire amount to support state-of-the-art health care programs for the Eagle County community. If passed to your loved ones, they would have to pay income tax when distributions are made from the account.
- Transfer appreciated stock to our organization.
- Your benefits: You qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction based on the current fair market value of the securities and are exempt from paying capital gains tax on any increase in their value.
- Create a life income gift.
- Your benefits: Depending on the type of gift you choose, you can receive stable income for life or for a period of up to 20 years. You may also qualify for a federal income tax charitable deduction in the year you make the gift.
Need Help Making a Planned Gift?
There are many ways you can ensure your support for Vail Health Foundation continues for years to come. Please contact Aaron Ciszek at 970.569.7574 or email@example.com and Anne Walters at 970.569.7648 or firstname.lastname@example.org for help finding the perfect gift for you.
The information in this publication is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor. Figures cited in any examples are for illustrative purposes only. References to tax rates include federal taxes only and are subject to change. State law may further impact your individual results.