On Tuesday, December 1, Vail Health’s “hospital of tomorrow” opened to patients and began providing a more modernized experience that better serves the expanding needs of our community.
We are excited to share a virtual tour of the new east wing, made possible through the vision of our hospital leadership and the generosity of our benefactors.
The additional 350,000 square feet that complete Vail Health’s new medical campus includes:
- A state-of-the-art 24/7 Emergency Department with dedicated behavioral health rooms for patients in crisis
- A roof-top helipad with direct elevator access to the hospital, reducing transport times by 30-45 minutes
- Improved medical space for nurses and providers
- Additional operating rooms
- A new imaging/radiology department
- Increased covered parking
- A main entrance off South Frontage Road West
- An enclosed loading zone and covered, snowmelt concrete ambulance bay
- LEED certified standards
- A new pharmacy, gift shop, Starbucks and outdoor patio with scenic views of Vail Mountain