Hike, Wine & Dine
Sunday, October 1, 2023
Base of Beaver Creek Mountain, Centennial Lawn
9:00 a.m. Registration and light breakfast
10:00 a.m. Hike begins
12:00 p.m. Après Hike Party live music, tasting stations, and beverages
3:00 p.m. Event concludes
- Ford Hall in the main village, before the main skier bridge.
- Villa Montane in the main village, off Avondale Lane.
- Elk and Bear Parking Lots at the base of Beaver Creek, the Elk (east) and Bear (west) lots provide complimentary parking by the entrance to Beaver Creek. Shuttle service to Beaver Creek Village is provided.
Check-In / Registration
- Check-In / Registration is located at the base of the Centennial Lift on Beaver Creek Mountain.
- Registration for full event ticketholders opens at 9:00 a.m.
- All participants must sign a waiver and check in to obtain a full event wristband.
- A light breakfast and mimosas* will be available at 9:00 a.m.
- Registration for Après Hike ticketholders begins at 11:00 a.m.
- Online ticket sales will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, September 29, 2023, or sooner, if tickets sell out.
*To consume alcoholic beverages, you must be 21 years or older and must be able to provide a valid photo ID, such as a driver’s license or passport.
- The hike begins at 10:00 a.m. at the base of the Centennial Lift on Beaver Creek Mountain. *Participants should not begin hiking before 10 a.m. as the food stations will not yet be available.
- The hike is a moderate five-mile loop. The most difficult part of the hike is the first mile.
- Delicious samplings will be provided by Vail Valley restaurants at food tents along the trail.
- Water and cups are available at all food stations.
- We suggest you bring your own water as well – either a hydration pack or a water bottle.
- If you are not able to complete the hike, please let a volunteer at one of the restaurant stations know and we can arrange for transportation down to the base area.
Remember – this is not a race. Please be respectful of others who hike at a different pace. If you are hiking faster, please pass with care. If you want to take a break to enjoy the beautiful fall color or catch your breath, please stand to the side of the trail so others may pass.
Though we love our four-legged friends, dogs are not encouraged at this event.
- The Colorado mountains experience rapidly-changing weather, especially in the afternoons, so be sure to dress accordingly. In case a shower rolls in during your hike, we suggest having a rainproof/windproof outer layer with you.
- A hat is recommended to protect you from the sun’s UV rays.
- We advise wearing hiking boots or durable walking shoes for the hike.
- Flip-flops and sandals are not recommended!
Great Food and Drinks
Special thanks to our restaurant sponsors, hosts of the tasting stations you’ll encounter at the base area, along the trail, and at the Après Hike Party.
Beaver Creek Chophouse • Blue Moose Pizza • Dang Sweets • Grouse Mountain Grill • The Osprey • Park Hyatt Beaver Creek • Rimini Gelato • Stoke & Rye • Vail Brewing Company • Vail Mountain Coffee & Tea
Après Hike Party
- The Après Hike Party is included in the full event ticket and takes place at the base of the Centennial Lift on Beaver Creek Mountain.
- Registration for Après Party ticketholders opens at 11:00 a.m.
- Food and beverage tents and live music by Turntable Revue will take place from noon to 3:00 p.m.
- Invite your non-hiking friends to join the Après Hike Party. Tickets are available in advance or on-site.